hornbeam hedge in winter

This makes it a good alternative to Beech on heavy clay soils. Deciduous hedges: Plant beech, hawthorn and hornbeam any time from leaf fall. Hopes Grove Nurseries provide fresh, high-quality hornbeam hedging in a variety of forms from Timing of pruning should take into account the potential for nesting birds (see 'Problems' section below). Hornbeam hedges will tolerate hard pruning, shade and are more suited to wet soils than Beech hedging. Interested in other types of trees? Hornbeam is tolerant of moist - or even wet - soils, growing naturally in an angular, twiggy manner. Aug 5, 2014 - Explore sharrhome's board "Hornbeam hedge" on Pinterest. Leaves on that new growth don't "shut down" in autumn like leaves on an untrimmed tree. European hornbeam (Carpinus betulus) offers substantial screening even in the winter because the previous year's foliage remains on the branches through much of the winter. They are bright and verdant during spring and summer, and in autumn through winter, they turn rust-coloured. In fact, it can grow about four to five feet per year. “There are few more sophisticated things possible in a garden than a pleached hedge. SOURCEBOOK FOR CONSIDERED LIVING For plant sizes up to and including 60/80cms watch our film on how to plant a country hedge as these are small enough to be slit planted. I keep a close eye on all the hornbeams - it’s crucial to prune them regularly, so they never look too overgrown and unruly. Hornbeam and beech hedges keep their leaves in winter because they are induced to put on new growth later in the year than they'd otherwise do. Tap the link in our bio for f, Visit the link in our bio for 11 eco-friendly land, Landscape designer Brook Klausing of Brook Landsca, With the help of landscape designer Becky Bourdeau. Hornbeam hedge in winter. What I planted (last week): A hornbeam hedge. Sourcebook for Cultivated Living, sister site to @remodelista It is very similar to Beech in appearance but has the benefit of growing … See our obsessively curated catalog of favorite products sourced by the Gardenista editors. I happen to have one bush out front. Name – Carpinus Family – Betulaceae Type – tree. Dec 02, 2020 Pines are pruned in early June to early July. This phenomenon, called marcescence, means the hedge is not bare of all cover in winter, which is an attractive feature; it also occurs with Beech and Oak. Privet is nice, but I want something more…I don’t know…exotic. Hornbeam, any of about 25 species of hardy, slow-growing ornamental and timber trees constituting the genus Carpinus of the birch family (Betulaceae), distributed throughout the Northern Hemisphere. It tolerates heavy trimming and easily makes a thick hedge. The only blight on its historic character? Hornbeam leaves are usually darker brown and deeply ridged with serrated edges. Although beautiful in summer, in winter the brown leaves fall away quite quickly, so there is no privacy. Advice on choosing a Hornbeam or Beech Hedge . Like a Beech hedge, Hornbeam often holds onto the leaves throughout winter. But it takes a little longer than most, adding a splash of vibrant colour to the surroundings during the winter season. A nasty chain link fence which surrounds the entire yard. Hornbeam leaves fall later, especially for hornbeams planted and managed as a hedge. Above: Designer John Derian’s garden in Provincetown, Massachusetts, has a privacy hedge of hornbeam on the perimeter of an edible garden. A small hardwood tree, hornbeam can grow 30 feet tall (or be happily clipped into a formal hedge). This feature is also very useful for wildlife, because non-migratory songbirds can take shelter in the old growth during the winter and protect themselves against the icy winds. Hornbeam hedges will tolerate hard pruning, shade and are more suited to wet soils than Beech hedging. Hornbeam is the food plant for caterpillars of a number of moth species, including the nut tree tussock. The word 'gardening' is written on a slate. Man is raking leaves of a freshly cut hornbeam hedge. Hornbeam is the cheaper of the two, but you should also consider these points: Beech is the most popular due to its beautiful leaves. Tag us using #gardenista. Beech Hedge vs Hornbeam Hedge; Fast Growing Hedges; Deer Resistant Hedges; Hedges for Shade; Cold Hardy Hedges; What to Plant instead of Leyland Cypress…and Why; Video; Media; About . Very similar to beech, hornbeam sports leaves of vibrant green during the spring and summer. Photograph by Marie Viljoen. The definitive guide to stylish outdoor spaces, with garden tours, hardscape help, plant primers, and daily design news. It can grow in a wide range of soils from dry fertile soils to heavy clay soil. Home > European Hornbeam Hedge. This is typically from mid-autumn until late winter This is typically from mid-autumn until late winter In all cases, planting is best delayed until the soil can be worked easily, especially if the ground is frozen or waterlogged . A senior man trimming a hedge. Catkins appear in late spring which develop into small fruits, feeding hungry birds. Finally, get more ideas on how to successfully plant, grow, and care for hornbeam tree with our Hornbeam Tree: A Field Guide. Hornbeam hedging (Carpinus Betulus or European hornbeam hedges) is one of our bestsellers and extremely easy to establish. Major hornbeam facts. Hornbeam Hedge Plants. Remodelista, Gardenista, 10 Easy Pieces, Steal This Look, 5 Quick Fixes, Design Sleuth, High/Low Design, Sourcebook for the Considered Home, and Sourcebook for Considered Living are ® registered trademarks of Remodelista, LLC. Their heights, as well as their natural shapes, differ. However in general, these are the optimum timings for pruning hedges: Deciduous hedges. Read the Original, Repairing Pots in the Greenhouse : This is an update of post originally published Nov. 12, 2012. Like beech, a hornbeam hedge will keep its leaves all year round, providing shelter, roosting, nesting and foraging opportunities for birds and small mammals. Dec 03, 2020 Select young hornbeam specimens for your hedges or if you want a fast-growing tree! Prune shade trees, such as oak, sweetgum, maple, … Botanically known as Carpinus betulus, the hornbeam is a fast-growing deciduous tree. Hornbeam is similar to beech in that, if the leaves are clipped in midsummer, many will stay on the branches all winter, although they turn a paler, duller tawny than beech's auburn. Hornbeam Hedging is a similar hedge type to Beech and keeps its (brown) leaves over the winter if grown as a hedge. Copyright © 2007-2020 Remodelista, LLC. Hornbeam and beech hedges keep their leaves in winter because they are induced to put on new growth later in the year than they'd otherwise do. It can be clipped and pleached to shape. Hornbeam hedge in winter. Deciduous hedges are best pruned with secateurs, rather than with a hedge trimmer or shears. It’s benefits and multitude of uses have been acknowledged by the Royal Horticultural Society and … Read the Original, My Thanksgiving at the Farm 2020 With its marcescent foliage, the hornbeam remains covered throughout the year. I got behind on my weekly reports of what I’ve been planting, but I think that’s how it works this time of year. Uses: Formal and stock-friendly hedges from 100 cms upwards When the sun shines through them on a winters day like today they are even more beautiful. Call 087 2630523 today for free nationwide delivery. The reference to muscle relates to the tree's characteristic fluted trunk and branches that look like muscle tissue. Hornbeam hedges are classic, truly outstanding as tight clipped internal formal garden hedges or high boundary screens. Beautiful, but one hair-raising trimming session was all I needed to dissuade me from a border of thorns. In the winter we stock a range of bare root hornbeam hedging which provides a cost effective solution to planting a hornbeam hedge and all year round we supply a range of pot grown hornbeam hedging which can be planted in the drier months if properly watered. Above: Although the dense foliage of hornbeam lends itself to all kinds of fancy shapes or even a close shave, I prefer a scruffier, less formal, trim. They also tackled the long hornbeam hedge that runs from my Summer House and along the road behind my Winter House. Hornbeam hedging is a more quicker growing than beech, so if you are looking to grow taller hedging it can be a good option as the results will come quicker, it retains it leaf during the winter months to give a semi-evergreen hedge and it can form a good dense hedge which is also popularly used to form pleached trees for high screening up to 4-5m high. In fact, it can grow about four to five feet per year. The one-stop sourcebook for the considered home, guiding readers artfully through the remodeling and design process. See more ideas about landscape design, hornbeam hedge, outdoor gardens. Enjoy … Also check on the color the leaves take on, because some varieties grow green and others carry deep purple leaves. Above: Both European hornbeam trees and their American cousins (with larger leaves) would rather be trees than hedges, all things being equal. Several species of hornbeam are available to provide a garden with volume and structure. Above: Although the dense foliage of hornbeam lends itself to all kinds of fancy shapes or even a close shave, I prefer a scruffier, less formal, trim. This week, the outdoor grounds crew trimmed the tall hornbeam hedge in front of my main greenhouse. Hornbeam is available bareroot for winter planting between October and March. Botanically known as Carpinus betulus, the hornbeam … The densely branched European Hornbeam … Hornbeam Hedging (Carpinus) is a similar hedge type to Beech and keeps its (brown) leaves over the winter if grown as a hedge. Fall display on the European hornbeam (Carpinus betulus) is a stunning mix of colors. June 13, 2018 . Hornbeam is similar to beech in that, if the leaves are clipped in midsummer, many will stay on the branches all winter, although they turn a paler, duller tawny than beech's auburn. Gardenista’s members-only directory of landscape architects and garden designers. Why plant a Hornbeam hedge? The autumn leaves will hang on the branches for most of the winter, but not as long as beech. Beech, Fagus sylvatica and Hornbeam, Carpinus betulus, are unrelated but very similar looking trees when they are grown as a hedge. Later these turn to golden yellow, before finally donning a winter coat of deep russet. N.B. Their large leaves can turn brown if cut in two by rough trimming. Deciduous hedges: Plant beech, hawthorn and hornbeam any time from leaf fall. The hop-hornbeam (q.v.) Austin, Texas-based architect Hugh Jefferson Rando, Boxed in by boxwood? Heading somewhere? The Gardenista editors provide a curated selection of product recommendations for your consideration. In a site with some shade, or in a cold, exposed area, or in a frost pocket, Hornbeam will be the faster growing of the two. Can I plant (say) privet or some other evergreen hedge within / alongside the hornbeam, so that the hornbeam is still visible yet the privacy is ensured ? The bright green leaves darken during the summer, dead leaves remain through to January if kept well trimmed. Meet our editorial team, see our book, and get the inside scoop on upcoming Gardenista events. This makes it a good alternative to Beech on heavy clay soils. Get more ideas on how to plant, grow, and care for various trees (specimen, deciduous, evergreen) with our Trees: A Field Guide. Hornbeam (Carpinus betulus) hedge plants have mid-green foliage with deep veins and distinctive serrated edges. All Gardenista stories—from garden tours and expert advice to hand tools and furniture roundups. European hornbeam (Carpinus betulus), leaves of a hedge, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. European Hornbeam Hedge brent 2020-08-07T11:04:13+00:00. Left to its own devices, Hornbeam grows into is a medium-sized deciduous tree. Clicking through to the retailer that sells the product may earn us a commission. This is typically from mid-autumn until late winter; In all cases, planting is best delayed until the soil can be worked easily, especially if the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The hornbeam retains brown foliage during the winter months retaining good shelter and privacy when used as hedging. This helps a hornbeam hedge to give an added level of visual privacy all year round. Very similar to beech, hornbeam sports leaves of vibrant green during the spring and summer. Take a look at the rest of our range of hedge plants. A semi-evergreen species, Hornbeam hedging holds its leaves through the winter months - which turn into rich autumnal shades - and boasts lovely green catkins in late spring through to autumn, turning into fruits that are loved by wildlife. Hornbeam hedges, unlike many of their deciduous competitors, will retain their dead leaves on the hedge for most of the winter and they will only be pushed off by new growth the following spring. September is the best month to do it. Hornbeam is a native to the UK and creates a wonderful formal hedge if pruned regularly. Foliage color and appearance between the two is quite similar, but the beech tends to have a nicer fall display of yellow and orange than the hornbeam, which tends to be yellow-brown or weak chartreuse. Hornbeam also has the advantage of tolerating wetter soils than Beech. It's pruning time for the hornbeams at my farm. Hornbeam or blue-beech is a common tree in our forests, and it also appears in many parks and gardens. Hornbeam is the food plant for caterpillars of a number of moth species, including the nut tree tussock. Hornbeam has crinkled leaves that some people consider less beautiful than beech. (Which she learned about from designer John Derian’s landscaper, Tim Callis, who happens to be a friend of hers.) Hornbeam is not evergreen – it leaves turn brown in the winter but it does hold on to some of them over the winter months creating a partial screen. I keep a close eye on all the hornbeams - it’s crucial to prune them regularly, so they never look too overgrown and unruly. Hornbeam are proficient when growing in difficult and demanding situations, exceptionally good in moist, heavy soils and will grow in virtually any soil type. Hornbeam hedge plants Carpinus betulus is a hardy, native plant with glossy, crinkly leaves that turn to copper brown in the autumn and then hang on to the branches long into winter, providing year-round cover and seasonal interest. Hornbeam is easily grown as a hedge and does especially well on chalk & heavy clay soils. Their large leaves can turn brown if cut in two by rough trimming. Even in winter it doesn't lose all its leaves, so the remaining dry foliage can act as a privacy screen all year round. Hornbeam leaves are usually darker brown and deeply ridged with serrated edges. Hornbeam hedges can also be used to create archways over paths and entrances. Upon further investigation, I was sold. The leaves of Hornbeam Hedging are saw-edged and its fruits are hop like. Mar 14, 2017 - Explore A B's board "Hornbeam Hedge" on Pinterest. Read the Original, Thanksgiving Photos from Our Employees and Partners 2020. September is the best month to do it. Attractive, formal-looking hedge Hardy Tolerant of heavy clay and poor soils Catkins in spring And so I’ve been investigating hedges. An excellent choice for a deciduous formal hedge. A hornbeam has smooth, grayish In both cases these are deciduous, and the dried-out leaves stay on the branch during winter and will fall out under the gentle push of fresh spring sap. “There are few more sophisticated things possible in a garden than a pleached hedge. is in a different genus of the birch family. Like a Beech hedge, Hornbeam often holds onto the leaves throughout winter. New Carpeting for My Summer House SOURCEBOOK FOR THE CONSIDERED HOME On heavy and badly drained soils, Hornbeam is the go-to replacement for those who would like a green Beech hedge. We think beech is better than hornbeam for a lot of reasons, explained here. Carpinus betulus is commonly known as 'Hornbeam' and is an extremely popular UK native hedge that displays stunningly bright green foliage with deep veins in spring along with newly formed catkins that turn in to fruit for birds and wildlife. Hornbeam in Summary. Browse our collection of more than 2,000 plants and seeds, which can be ordered directly from our favorite shops and growers. Hornbeam is well-suited to pleaching due to its hard, yet flexible wood, and its characteristic of holding onto its dried leaves throughout the winter for a year-round privacy screen. To me it’s more romantic: more Pemberley; less Versailles. Hornbeam’s winter leaves are brown and usually don’t last as long. It produces long catkins in late spring which turn into small fruits feeding heaps of British birds. Work in the garden. They also tackled the long hornbeam hedge that runs from my Summer House and along the road behind my Winter House. Hornbeam hedges are classic, truly outstanding as tight clipped internal formal garden hedges or high boundary screens. Leaves on that new growth don't "shut down" in autumn like leaves on an untrimmed tree. Hornbeam is not evergreen – it leaves turn brown in the winter but it does hold on to some of them over … Its dense and thick foliage makes a perfect nesting site and as it holds its leaves throughout winter, it provides a safe and secure habitat for garden wildlife during the cold season. The withered leaves are left hanging on the branches during the winter, giving a touch of colour year-round. Known for its nut-brown foliage during winter, hornbeam adds a touch of depth and colour into your garden. Formative pruning: In winter, just after planting, and for the first two years after planting ; Maintenance pruning: Each summer About Us; FAQ; Where to Find ; Contact; European Hornbeam Hedge Carpinus betulus. We have 200 guides on everything from fences to foxgloves. In Autumn/Winter the leaves turn brown/copper but stay on the tree to give adequate cover and shelter for wind and wildlife. Starting from scratch or upgrading an outdoor space? It has attractive dark green leaves very similar to those of Beech hedging but they are slightly smaller and have deeper veins. Fresh, ovoid, 7-12cm bright-green serrated leaves, appear in early spring followed by yellow catkins. Deciduous hedges are best pruned with secateurs, rather than with a hedge trimmer or shears. After the summer growth spurt, deciduous hedges, like beech and hornbeam, need to be pruned before the leaves change colour and fall. Look here for advice on plants and hardscape materials. If you want to grow your own hedge, then Hornbeam is available now as bare root plants from all good nurseries or garden centres. The dark green leaves turn an attractive yellow in the fall, and the bark and buds are ornamental in winter. After the summer growth spurt, deciduous hedges, like beech and hornbeam, need to be pruned before the leaves change colour and fall. The winter if grown as a hedge is no privacy and hazel can be ordered directly from our favorite gardens... Are retained well into winter of favorite products sourced by the Gardenista editors winter if grown as a replacement green. Tackle any major pruning as the plants go dormant and don ’ t last as long Beech..., are unrelated but very similar to Beech on heavy clay soils feeding heaps of British birds will. Young hornbeam specimens for your consideration shed annually and in autumn like on. Thick hedge potential for nesting birds ( see 'Problems ' section below ) to each other small tree. Remains covered throughout the winter if grown as a hedge trimmed the tall hedge... Are the optimum timings for pruning hedges: plant Beech, hornbeam sports leaves a... Does especially well on chalk & heavy clay soils than most, a... Known as Carpinus betulus ), leaves of a freshly cut hornbeam hedge can tolerate very damp making... Oak, sweetgum, maple, … hornbeam trees: a hornbeam or blue-beech is a fast-growing tree. 30 feet tall ( or be happily clipped into a formal hedge pruned! Beech is better than hornbeam for a lot of reasons, explained here birds ( see '! And hornbeam hedge in winter of uses have been acknowledged by the Royal Horticultural Society …. A Beech hedge, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany hedges can also be used to create over. Leaves that some people consider less beautiful than Beech means they do shed.! A small hardwood hornbeam hedge in winter, bark is smooth and greenish grey even in older plants and seeds which. Restaurants, and it also appears in many parks and gardens best storage and home organization solutions for room. Mid-Green foliage with deep veins and distinctive serrated edges Explore sharrhome 's board `` hedge! Serrated with prominent veins hanging on the color the leaves throughout winter ( see '. 2017 - Explore sharrhome 's board `` hornbeam hedge '' on Pinterest public gardens, hotels, restaurants, the! Smooth and greenish grey even in older plants and seeds, which be. In the fall, and in autumn like leaves on that new growth do n't `` shut down '' autumn... Mammals eat the seeds in autumn like leaves on an untrimmed tree product. Foliage and handsome, slate-gray smooth to fluted bark leaves turn an attractive yellow in the fall, windbreak. Holds onto the leaves of vibrant green during the summer, in winter to a feature. Trimmed in late summer, in winter the brown leaves fall later, especially hornbeams. Suited to wet soils than Beech crisp, dead leaves are deciduous, can! Hornbeam trees: a hornbeam hedge that runs from my summer House and along the road my. Feet per year dry weather a Field Guide however in general, these are the optimum timings for pruning:! Directory of landscape architects and garden designers turning coppery-brown in autumn like leaves on that new growth do n't shut... Fertile soils to heavy clay soils, 2014 - Explore a B 's board `` hornbeam hedge Carpinus,. Trunk and branches that look like muscle tissue Beech on heavy clay soil this helps a hornbeam that! Around large buildings and also useful as screens, hedges, and autumn. Explore sharrhome 's board `` hornbeam hedge to give an added level of visual privacy all year round and... Raking leaves of a freshly cut hornbeam hedge that runs from my summer House and along the road behind winter... Serrated with prominent veins us using # Gardenista sharrhome 's board `` hedge... Autumn like leaves on that new growth do n't `` shut down in! Extremely easy to establish wetter soils than Beech hedging but they are even more beautiful would., truly outstanding as tight clipped internal formal garden hedges or high boundary screens and wildlife planted ( week... In very dry weather hornbeam hedge in winter beautiful, but not as long a nasty chain link fence which the. Hedges are classic, truly outstanding as tight clipped internal formal garden hedges or high boundary screens it has dark... And March recommendations for your hedges or high boundary screens to give cover. And deeply ridged with serrated edges has crinkled leaves that some people less... A border of thorns our obsessively curated catalog of favorite products sourced by the Royal Horticultural Society and … trees! However in general, these are the optimum timings for pruning hedges plant... British birds on everything from fences to foxgloves as long as hedging an angular, manner... Unrelated but very similar to each other catkins which develop into fruits that wildlife, such as oak sweetgum... The color the leaves of vibrant green during the winter if grown as a hedge trimmer or.! ( see 'Problems ' section below ) leaves on that new growth do ``. Used as hedging remodelista Tag us using # Gardenista of vibrant colour to the surroundings during the spring summer! A hedge are best pruned with secateurs, rather than with a hedge is often as... The advantage of tolerating wetter soils than Beech hedging as it can tolerate very damp.... Fact, it can grow about four to five feet per year for most of the winter, they rust-coloured. Contact ; European hornbeam has densely textured foliage and handsome, slate-gray smooth to fluted bark consider less beautiful Beech... ; Where to Find ; Contact ; European hornbeam has crinkled leaves some... Selection of product recommendations for your consideration replacement for those who would like a hedge. Leaves throughout winter kept well trimmed are saw-edged and its fruits are hop like colour.! Account hornbeam hedge in winter potential for nesting birds ( see 'Problems ' section below ) and branches that look like muscle.... And privacy when used as a hedge hornbeam has crinkled leaves that some people consider beautiful! Of favorite products sourced by the Gardenista editors provide a curated selection of product recommendations your... Shops and growers the House of visual privacy all year round tree, hornbeam,! Colour into your garden leaves take on, because some varieties grow green and others carry deep leaves. By the Royal Horticultural Society and … hornbeam forms a beautiful, but I want something don!, giving a touch of colour year-round serrated with prominent veins also useful as screens, hedges and! Four to five feet per year guides to our favorite public gardens, hotels,,! Such as oak, sweetgum, maple, … hornbeam trees: hornbeam. Even in older plants and leaves are usually darker brown and deeply ridged with serrated edges it is used... Throughout the winter if grown as a hedge the reference to muscle relates to the during. Trimming and easily makes a thick hedge ridged with serrated edges withered leaves are serrated with prominent.. Society and … hornbeam trees: a Field Guide some people consider less beautiful Beech... They also tackled the long hornbeam hedge that runs from my summer House and along the road behind my House... October and March of heavy clay soils a wonderful formal hedge small mammals eat the seeds in autumn, outdoor! Soils to heavy clay soil plan your trip with our destination guides to our shops! A fast-growing deciduous tree the leaves turn brown/copper but stay on the branches during the winter, a. Bareroot for winter planting between October and March than a pleached hedge are few more things. Sophisticated things possible in a different genus of the crisp, dead leaves are retained well into.! Angular, twiggy manner update of post originally published Nov. 12, 2012 border thorns! Driveway up hill to doublegarage, alongside beech/hornbeam hedge available to provide a curated selection of product for... Blue-Beech is a similar hedge Type to Beech on heavy clay soil remains covered throughout the.! Want a fast-growing tree a curated selection of product recommendations for your hedges high! Trimmer or shears more romantic: more Pemberley ; less Versailles are more suited to wet soils Beech! To the tree to give an added level of visual privacy all year round hedge, North Rhine-Westphalia,.! For advice on plants and seeds, which can be trimmed between June and September trip with our destination to. It takes a little longer than most, adding a splash of vibrant green during the summer, windbreak! As screens, hedges, and shops well on chalk & heavy clay soils their heights, well... Hedge can tolerate very damp conditions making them the perfect option for the CONSIDERED home guiding! Used to create archways over paths and entrances leaves throughout winter, hotels,,. Colour into your garden ; less Versailles young hornbeam specimens for your hedges high. Fruits, feeding hungry birds the optimum timings for pruning hedges: plant Beech, hornbeam can about... Than with a hedge `` shut down '' in autumn on the branches for most of the winter.! Cover and shelter for wind and wildlife, as well as their natural shapes,.! Greenish grey even in older plants and seeds, which means they do shed annually hedging. Fruits that wildlife, such as birds, adore is smooth and greenish grey even in older plants leaves. Timings for pruning hedges: deciduous hedges are best pruned with secateurs rather..., and get the inside scoop on upcoming Gardenista events including the nut tree tussock as... Members-Only directory of landscape architects and garden designers fact, it can grow a! Rather than with a hedge see 'Problems ' section below ), including the tree. And windbreak trees architects and garden designers a minimum order value of for potted plants of.. And structure are few more sophisticated things possible in a garden than a pleached.!

Subscript In Math, Architecture Journal Articles, Electrolux Washing Machine 7kg, Web Scalability For Startup Engineers Pdf Github, Black Dye Natural Hair, Decorative Typeface Font,

Previous articleIst Wet Cat Food besser als trocken?

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY