http://taxi-24.eu/index.php?itemid=107 '//SLeeP(3) Do I need to worry about Calcium?
- You are on a high-protein/weight loss diet (typically Atkins or Paleo weight loss diets) which causes your body to excrete more calcium.
- You have Crohn’s disease or inflammatory bowel disease (IRB) that limits your body’s ability to absorb calcium.
- You are a menopausal women and taking calcium supplements to reverse bone loss because of lower estrogen.
Researchers at Johns Hopkins Medicine analyzed 10 years of medical tests on more than 2,700 people in a federally funded heart disease study, and concluded that taking calcium in the form of supplements may raise the risk of plaque buildup by 22% in arteries and heart damage, http://goldenbeeltd.com/?page_id=3063 although a diet high in calcium-rich foods appears be protective.
There is growing scientific concerns about the potential harms of supplements.
“When it comes to using vitamin and mineral supplements, particularly calcium supplements being taken for bone health, many Americans think that more is always better,” says Erin Michos, M.D., M.H.S., associate director of preventive cardiology and associate professor of medicine at the Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. “But our study adds to the body of evidence that follow excess calcium in the form of supplements may harm the heart and vascular system.”
2,700 people included in the reserach were 41% white, 26% were African-American, 22% were Hispanic and 12% were Chinese.
Benefits of Calcium
Right amount of Calcium is needed for good bone and teeth health, but it also promotes
- Effective weight Loss. Increasing calcium intake can reduce body weight in children and adolescents.
- Reduces risk of Colon Cancer
nebenwirkungen aldactone 25 mg Best way to get Calcium is thru Foods Naturally Rich in Calcium:
- Edamame with Salt.
- Vegetables in the brassica family: broccoli, kale, cabbage, bok choy
- Dark leafy greens, e.g., collards, kale, turnip greens, dandelion greens, mustard greens, beet greens
- Vegetables: Amaranth, Kale, Turnips, Sea Weed (Nori)
- Fruits: Fig
- Spices: Poppy Seeds, Basil, Thyme, Marjoram
- Animal Products: Milk, Fish, Cheese
How much Calcium does my body need?
- Women 50 and younger: 1,000 mg per day
- Women + 50: 1,200 mg per day
- Men 70 and younger: 1,000 mg per day
- Men + 70: 1,200 mg per day
Stay Informed. Stay Healthy